Stone Spine & DiscChiropractor Sports Injury
Stone Spine & Disc chiropractors provide specialized therapy to treat sports-related injuries including soft tissue injuries and muscle strain and sprain. Our licensed and experienced practitioners use a range methods within a chiropractic care treatment plan designed specifically for each client.
How Can a Chiropractor Help My Sports-Related Injury?
Stone Spine & Disc sport injury therapy includes an entire evaluation of all musculoskeletal issues to detect injury or imbalance in bones, muscles, and joints. Treatments are aimed at rehabilitation and also include education and assessment for injury prevention. Clients benefit from a wide range of chiropractic techniques designed specifically for athletes and highly active individuals that include advanced and expert rehabilitative care from a team of qualified professional practitioners.
Chiropractic Care for Athletes
Stone Spine & Disc provides qualified care and personalized chiropractic treatment for sports-related injuries that include:
- Ice/Cold Therapy – Also known as Cryotherapy, is a non-surgical modality that relieves pain and swelling and is especially effective for athletic injury.
- Heat Therapy – Dilates blood vessels to improve circulation and is often used in conjunction with other chiropractic treatments.
- TENS – - Electrical stimulation using light and measured electrical currents that are sent to affected areas to reduce inflammation and muscle spasms.
- Massage Therapy – Many complete chiropractic care plans include massage therapy to reduce recovery time from athletic injury. Stone Spine & Disc chiropractors work in conjunction with our registered massage therapists specializing in healing sport injuries.
- Manual Traction/Spinal Traction – A widely used chiropractic treatment for muscle and skeletal pain to relieve disc problems associated with sports injuries.
- Spinal Decompression Therapy – Advanced traction therapy that is focused on widening the spaces between vertebrae discs to induce repositioning and relieve pain.
- Spinal Adjustment/Manipulation – Used to correct vertebral subluxations and realign dysfunctions in the vertebrae in the back.
- Active Release Technique – Advanced soft tissue massage technique that treats athletic injury to the muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves.
- Acupuncture – The ancient art and science of treating injury by stimulating specific points on the skin as approved and practiced by a licensed Stone Spine & Disc chiropractor.
- Ultrasound – Chiropractic care that employs the therapeutic use of sound waves to deliver heat to reduce muscle pain and treat injured tissues.
- Customized Exercise and Rehabilitative Therapies – Our team of sports injury specialists design tailored plans that include a range of therapeutic exercise techniques to strengthen and speed up healing time of athletic injuries.
What Can I Expect During a Chiropractic Therapy Session for Sports Injuries?
Stone Spine & Disc chiropractic care involves a complete evaluation and full diagnostic to create an integrated treatment plan that incorporates both orthopedic and physiological rehabilitation. Following a complete revision of your medical history and thorough physical examination, imaging and x-rays are used to develop a personalized therapy plan. Consultation and progress reports are shared with other health care providers as required and when necessary, including your family physician, massage therapists, physiotherapists exercise coaches, etc.
Although virtually all chiropractors are skilled at relieving pain and strain, Stone Spine & Disc offers chiropractic care that deals specifically with sports-related rehabilitation from injuries and specializes in treating athletes and restoring peak functioning.
Contact Us Today
Whenever you need a Chiropractor, Stone Spine & Disc is here to help!